I know that not only for me, but many of you have encountered a person through your life, like a mentor or a teacher, that taught wonderful lessons to be applied in life.
If there is a person who has shaped my life in a great and positive way is my 78 year old grandfather. A farmer for almost all his life, a foster child, a father of four children and worked through many jobs earning from 25 cents to a dollar an hour during his early years of labor and who managed to raised a great family with a second grade of schooling, and who found a way to make it happen to the pinnacle of life and as a result built a great family and gave the best he can to them and to his grandsons with phenomenal values.
He has been a resource of wisdom, knowledge and direction through my whole life. For that reason I decided to share with you some of the lessons he taught me with you and I hope that you install them into your daily life so you can live a very fulfilling life like the one he is living. Here are the 9 pearls of wisdom that until this day he keeps remembering me every time I have a chance to have a conversation.
Here are the 9 pearls of wisdom…
- Be Respectful. To whom? To your parents, siblings, boss, co-worker and to every single person you come across in your daily basis.
- Dress Sharp… Always remember to dress appropriate and to look the part with the best you have. Impressions are everything and you only have one opportunity.
- Be Responsible. In your work, with your family and to your actions.
- Be a Man of Your Word… If you make a commitment with someone, make sure to keep your word. Your word is the best asset you have.
- Save Money. Make sure to put aside a portion of what you earn in order to be ready when the skinny cows come.
- Be Generous. Share what you have. Your food, house, time, knowledge, experience and wisdom. Be a giver!!!
- Work Hard… At everything you do.
- Be on Time… Be always 15 to 30 min early in case something happens. Is better to be early than to be late and sorry.
- Do the Best You Can. This is how you are going to get promoted to the next level.
These are powerful and simple pearls of wisdom that we can apply and use in our daily lives. I remembered a time when he was explaining me how to plow the land in the farm and he kept saying to me, “Do the best you can” while he was leading the bulls in the terrain. He was my first employer. I learned all those great lessons, plus how to plant, clean and reap vegetables like: plantains and yams and how to plow the land and many other things in the world of agriculture.
I am glad to say that these principles can help anyone become a better person and guide us as a lighthouse in the journey of life.
What to do now:
- Pick one or two pearls that you would like to put in practice in your own life and make sure to comment below what are those pearls.
If you found value in this reading make sure to spread the good word with your friends.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
You are a Champion 🙂
Connect with me on:
PS: This post was posted a day later after a storm hit the Island. Normally I publish my posts on Mondays.