Commuting doesn’t have to be boring. Wouldn’t you agree? It could be use it to learn new things of interest or to improve in other areas of your life.
It’s important to understand that you can use this time wisely or let it go by and do nothing with it. I personally decided to invest this time in developing myself to become a better person and to learn new and exciting things.
Whether you are commuting by car, train or a boat, going for a run, hiking or riding your bike, you can take advantage of these activities and become a more productive person. I always take with me a book, my success magazine, my amazonkindle (best tool for people who love to read), my iPod fully loaded with personal development material, my cell phone and a notebook or a journal. I’ve learned a lot while driving in my car, flying in airplanes and while running.
It’s going to be very powerful if you decide to use this time properly toward positive and enriching things. By making this decision you will become a more valuable individual, you will feel better and you will get outstanding results.
Now, let me show you some things so you can do to become a more efficient and productive person.
Here are “7 Productive Things You Can Do While Commuting”:
1. Read – Perhaps you don’t like to read, but if you are commuting and you are doing nothing you are wasting your time. You can read a book or a magazine and educate yourself about your professional career or learn something new that you are interesting in it. Remember, “Reading is for the mind what exercising is for the body”.
2. Write – Have a notepad or a notebook to jot down what comes to your mind. Grab new ideas, plan out your to do list, keep working in your goals or bucket list, brainstorm about your business, etc. Just today before I got into the post office and before I got out of my car I wrote in my cell phone two potential drafts articles. You see!!! You never know when you get strike by the creative force of imagination.
3. Listen – Listening to audio CDs can give you the edge you need to improve in any area of your life. You can potentially learn a new language, keep yourself motivated, learn networking techniques, learn relationships tips, learn investing strategies, and learn about social media and more. This productive tip is my favorite of all, because you can discover the secrets of the world’s most powerful entrepreneurs, health & fitness gurus, real estate & stock investors, online marketers and business moguls to name a few. To find great audio programs go to Nightingale Conant, Success Magazine, or search in Amazon anything of your preference. You are inches away of tapping into great information that could dramatically accelerate you to new levels of success. Download here the free audio of The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale: it’s a classic!!!
4. Emails – You can use the commuting time to compose or answer to very important emails. If you are driving, don’t try it. If you are the passenger then it’s OK, and one of the best ways is while flying in an airplane or while waiting at the airport where you can connect to the internet. The train is a good option too. It’s all good as long as you get the job done, and you follow safety measures!!!
5. Reconnect – Reconnect with whom? With family, old friends, new friends, colleagues, clients, etc. You can catch up with them by texting and by phone calls. Be sure to use your phone safely with a hands free device and to text a message only if you’re not driving. This is a great way to maintain and develop new relationships as well!!! You can take advantage to tweet and re tweet. If you don’t know what this mean. Go to twitter and sign up!!!
6. Talk to Yourself – You hear me right!!! Say out loud your declarations, affirmations or prayers of the day. You can mention all the things you are grateful for. You may want to do this if you’re driving by yourself, otherwise, say it in your mind. This tip is a key to start the day by focusing on the good things and to start with the right mindset. Remember, “Energy flows where attention goes”.
7. Visualize – Visualizing your dreams, ambitions and aspirations is a phenomenal way to keep alive the spirit of an exciting life. You can visualize your dream car, your ideal house or your perfect destination to visit and travel with your family or friends. Just remember not to close your eyes if you are driving. If you are going in a train or in an airplane or you are at a position when you can close your eyes go for it. You don’t have to close your eyes to visualize your dreams… Just feel the feelings and imagine yourself in possession of those things your desperately want. You can do it 🙂
PS: Commuting is a great opportunity for us to do more, learn more and become more productive while the time is passing by.
What did you liked the most about this topic? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!!
If you found real value in this reading, be sure to spread the good word with your friends through any of your favorite’s social media platform in the share section below.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
You are a Champion 🙂
Connect with me on: