Steve Jobs, one of the greatest innovators and pioneers of the computing era died Wednesday at the age of 56.
He will always be remembered as genius and as someone who really understood the concept of finding, serving and fulfilling people needs. It’s absolutely clear that he positioned us at a finger click of everything available in the internet.
What I would like to do in this article is to show you some of the best phrases and most thought provoking quotes he mentioned or stated through his life. This is going to be rich in content and very uplifting!!!
Below are my top 10 favorite inspiring quotes from Steve Jobs…
1. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.” Stanford Commencement Speech, June 2005
2. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” Stanford Commencement Speech, June 2005
3. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you already want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
4. “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart… Stay hungry. Stay foolish.” Stanford Commencement Speech, June 2005
5. “That’s been one of my mantras — focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” BusinessWeek, May 25, 1998
6. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things. And the reason they were able to do that was that they’ve had more experiences or they have thought more about their experiences than other people.”
7. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.” Wikiquote as quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Summer 1993.
8. “I was worth over $1,000,000 when I was 23, and over $10,000,000 when I was 24, and over $100,000,000 when I was 25, and it wasn’t that important because I never did it for the money.”
9. “You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.” Stanford Commencement Speech, June 2005
10. “My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even better.” All About Steve Jobs
Now the big question is: what’s your favorite quote from Steve? Share it in the comments section below!!!
If you enjoyed this post or got uplifted by Steve’s words of wisdom, be sure to share this with all your Facebook friends and tweet this to your bird’s followers. I know they will appreciate you :-).
Thanks for stopping by!!!
You are a Champion :-).
Connect with me on: