Photo above by e-strategyblog.
Today we are celebrating a day of equal rights thanks to a man who fought relentlessly for a dream and who changed United States, if not the world, forever.
From being a pastor to becoming the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964 and to speak a message of equality around the world which later caused him his dead, there’s no doubt about it that Martin Luther King, Jr. was one of the greatest men, leader, orator, and human being who has ever lived. He was an example of inspiration, hope and unity!!!
We can learn priceless things from Mr. Luther King Jr. Valuable things like…
- Having a strong vision,
- Being fueled with enthusiasm,
- Having an impeccable belief,
- Having a powerful dream,
- Having a burning desire,
- Being a true leader,
- Being optimistic or
- Caring enough about people
These are some of my greatest take away from this highly successful man!!! He was the real deal, an example to follow and a true CHAMPION :-).
To celebrate his day with honor and dignity I put together a collection of my favorite inspirational quotes. I think we can learn a lot from them!!!
Here they are…
- “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
- “If a man hasn’t discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.”
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
- “We must all learn to live together as brothers. Or we will all perish together as fools.”
- “There is within human nature an amazing potential for goodness.”
- “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.”
- “I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.””
What inspired you the most about Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life? What’s your favorite inspirational quote or phrase made by him? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Like this post? Share it on Facebook, tweet this to your bird’s followers and link this to your professional network in LinkedIn. I know they will appreciate you :-).
Let’s continue and follow King’s footprints to live in a spirit of harmony, peace, love, mutual respect and equality!!!
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a happy, joyful, and exciting week. May all your dreams come true this year!!!
Connect with me on: