You might be thinking, what the heck is Taso writing about “how to become an unsuccessful person” if I just want to become a successful person. My friend, bear with me on this one!!!
It’s extremely important to understand and to get clear of the things the unsuccessful people are doing so we can do the opposite and make sure we aren’t doing the same. Do you agree?
Let me be honest with you here… This topic was sitting down and taking dust on my list of potential blog posts for the last 6 months until last Sunday. While having a great conversation with my dear friend Karen Armaiz in the small island of Palominito (some of the scenes of the last movie of Pirates of the Caribbean were taken there) about how there are many people in this world who are wishing the achievers (people like you and me, people who want to live life to the fullest and achieve their wildest dreams) to fail.
This profound chat with my friend made me think, and reaffirm at that moment, that it was the right time to unleash and share with you what it takes to go in the wrong direction. I’m sure you don’t want to go that way, right?
Now, lets dive into the good stuff and make sure to take copious notes!!!
Here below are 6 things to do to become an unsuccessful person…
1. Be a Complainer. Complain about your job, boss, relationship, business, lack of opportunities, not reaching your goals, body weight, not getting your promotion, not finishing your proposal and your car breaking down. Have a victim mentality. And don’t forget to complain about your country for your lack of success!!!
2. Be a Blamer. Blame every person around you, the circumstances and everything that happens to you by any external event. Keep blaming the government, the economy, the traffic and the weather.
3. Be a Judger. Judge the people by how they look (appearance), what car they drive, what they eat, what they read, what associations they belong to, what music they listen, with who they hang out and anything that comes to your mind about a negative judgment.
4. Be a Dream Stealer. Don’t set goals. Settle for mediocre standards. Aspire nothing in life. Be a toxic person. Try to do your best at convincing people to not pursue their goals and dreams. Encourage your friends to give up at their wildest aspirations and recommend them to play safe.
5. Be a Criticizer. Focus your mind in finding the weakness of your friends, employees and coworkers. Engage in conversations that involve non-constructive critics.
6. Be a Gossiper. Become a radio station of constant negative news. Spread negative gossips. Support negative channels and programs like CNN (constant negative news) and “La Comay” (Puerto Rico main program of negative news).
These are clearly the things to do to become a mega unsuccessful person. Make sure to do the opposite and you will become the opposite of an unsuccessful person, which is a what? You know it… a mega successful person :-). And that’s what you want to be, right?
Keep flying high, making things happen and acting, talking, dressing, thinking and behaving oppositely to what unsuccessful people do.
To finish on a positive note I will share with you an inspirational quote that will match every single trait above…
“The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it.” By Lou Holtz (American football coach legend)
“All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much blame him, it will not change you.” By Wayne Dyer the Author of Excuses Begone
“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” By Wayne Dyer
4. Dream Stealing.
“Don’t let any one steal your dream for the fact that they can’t have it.” By Anastacio Martinez
“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me, and I may be forced to love you.” By William Arthur Ward
“Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events and small minds talk about people.” By Eleanor Roosevelt
Do you have any other tip about how to become an unsuccessful person? Any other inspirational quote that you want to add? Share your ideas and thoughts in the comments section below.
Like this post? Share it on Facebook, tweet this to your bird’s followers and link this to your professional network in LinkedIn. I know they will appreciate you :-).
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a happy, joyful and exciting week!!!
Connect with me on:
PS: I want to thank captain Javier Crespo for taking me and a few friends to Palominito’s island. We had blast that day!!!